Virginia Personal Injury Attorney Serving Fauquier County & More
Virginia Personal Injury Attorney Operating in Fauquier County & Washington D.C.
Each year thousands of individuals are injured in accidents that are caused by the negligent or reckless conduct of others. Left with lingering injuries, pain and suffering, and mounting medical expenses, many accident victims are left wondering whether their lives will ever return to normal. With the help of an experienced personal injury attorney, however, it is possible to obtain meaningful compensation and make a fresh start.
Since 1978, Walker Jones, PC has been fighting for the rights of the injured in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We believe that no one should suffer needlessly because of the negligence of others. Our dedicated legal team has a well-earned reputation for standing by injury victims and holding responsible parties accountable. The firm’s personal injury practice is focused on claims related to all types of accidents, including:
- Automobile Accidents – In Virginia auto injury victims may pursue an injury claim against the at-fault driver to recover damages for many types of damages, including wage loss, loss of earning capacity, medical bills and pain and suffering. Resolving a claim typically involves negotiating with the defendant’s insurance company or a state or government entity. We leverage our legal knowledge and negotiating skills to help our clients obtain the full amount of coverage available.
- Wrongful Death – There are specific statutes that apply to wrongful death in Virginia. Wrongful Death can occur as the result of accidents involving autos, trucks, pedestrians, motorcyclists, and medical malpractice and product liability.
- Motorcycle Accidents – Whether cruising through the Shenandoah Valley or navigating the Capital Beltway, Virginia motorcyclists are at a high risk of injury in collisions with motor vehicles and trucks. We have extensive experience pursuing injury claims against negligent drivers.
- Truck/Tractor-Trailer Accidents – The interstate highways and roads of Virginia are a gateway for commerce, and automobile drivers have no choice but to share the road with commercial trucks and tractor-trailers. State and federal truck safety laws are designed to protect the public; nonetheless, collisions can lead to devastating injuries to occupants of other vehicles. We are committed to holding negligent trucking companies and truck drivers accountable.
- Medical/Nursing Home Malpractice – People place their trust and health in the hands of their medical professionals. When injuries or deaths occur because a healthcare provider has failed to provide the appropriate standard of care, it is possible to obtain legal compensation. It is also possible to obtain just compensation if you or a loved one has been mistreated or injured in a nursing home. At Walker Jones, we believe that all lives have value and dedicate ourselves to protecting the rights and the well-being of the elderly.
- Assault – Violent crimes, including assault, aggravated assault and sexual assault, can result in criminal convictions and prison sentences. Victims of such traumas may also be able to recover damages by pursuing a personal injury claim against the perpetrator.
At Walker Jones, PC, we offer each client knowledge and compassion and a superior level of personal service. We have a proven track record of helping the injured obtain the compensation they deserve.
- Recovered $1.75 million for a client who sustained a traumatic brain injury as as result of an automobile accident.
- Obtained compensation of $680,000 in a civil assault lawsuit
How long do I have to file a personal injury claim in Fauquier County, Virginia?
It is important to note that there is a statute of limitations to file a civil lawsuit in Virginia. This means you must file a personal injury claim within two years from the date the accident or injury occurred. If your claim involves a public entity or employee, you must file a Notice of Claim with the appropriate government agency within one year of the date of the accident, before you can pursue a lawsuit.
How much is my claim worth?
Each case is unique and the value of your claim depends on factors such as the nature of the accident and the extent of your injuries. You may be entitled to economic damages which will compensate you for lost wages, past and future medical expenses, and other financial losses. You may also be able to recover noneconomic damages for pain and suffering, physical impairment, loss of enjoyment of life and similar losses.
Contact an Expert Fauquier County, Virginia Personal Injury Lawyer Today!
At Walker Jones, PC, we are dedicated to helping the injured obtain just compensation and helping them recover, physically, emotionally and financially. We understand the applicable negligence laws and work tirelessly to show how the other party was legally responsible for the accident.
Personal injury cases are handled on a contingency basis, which means that you do not pay any attorneys’ fees to us unless your claim is successful. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, let us help navigate you through this difficult time. Call our office today for a free consultation or complete the contact form on our website.
Walker Jones’ member Susan F. Pierce is a leading personal injury attorney in the D.C. Metro Area.
Walker Jones, PC serves clients throughout Virginia including Fauquier, Rappahannock, Culpeper, Loudoun, Prince William, Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria, Warren, Winchester, Frederick, Clarke, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg, Madison, Orange, and Albemarle.