Michael T. Brown
Michael T. Brown Michael Brown’s path to the practice of law differed from that of the typical first-year law student. Though he studied the same topics as his classmates — real property, wills and estates, civil litigation — he brought an unusual background and depth of experience to the task.
Mike began his professional life as a real estate title examiner and, later, a title insurance agent/underwriter. Early on, he earned a reputation for understanding the subject matter and precise attention to detail, such that local attorneys began using him as an expert witness in their civil cases. After a time, Mike came to understand that he could assist many more people by entering the practice of law and working to resolve real property and estate disputes before they went to litigation. Today, he maintains a respected real estate and estate planning practice in Rappahannock County and the surrounding area.
Having recently gone through the process of selling one home and purchasing another, Mike has been reminded of the importance of every single real estate closing that comes to his desk. More than ever, he realizes that each client is entrusting him with a matter extremely important to them, and he and his able support staff treat it with the care and attention it deserves. Mike and his staff strive to ensure that they meet the goals of every client they work with professionally and efficiently, within budget and on time.
Although Mike focuses his practice on real estate and estate planning, his reputation as a thoughtful and thorough attorney attracts many clients with other issues, such as litigation and land use matters, to his office. As the lead attorney of Walker Jones’s Rappahannock office in Washington, Virginia, he is always glad to meet with new clients.
- George Mason University School of Law, J.D., 1999, magna cum laude
- College of William and Mary, Bachelor of Arts in History and English Literature 1989
Professional, Civic & Philanthropic Affiliations
- Director of People Helping People of Fauquier County, Inc.
- Member of the Fauquier County Bar Association and the Rappahannock County Bar Association
- Commissioner of Accounts for the Circuit Court of Rappahannock County
- Commissioner in Chancery for the Circuit Court of Rappahannock County
- Past Member of the Virginia Land Title Association