Hanna Lee Rodriguez
Hanna Lee Rodriguez While other attorneys pick an area of the law to specialize in after trying out a few different things, Hanna Lee Rodriguez likes to think that her practice area picked her.
Shortly after she joined Walker Jones, Hanna had an unexpected death in her family. Going through the probate process firsthand made her realize how essential it is to have an estate plan in place. Today, she works to help other families navigate the probate and trust administration process, mindful of the uncertainty she and her family experienced.
Hanna is passionate about working with clients who have concerns about maintaining control over their end of life care. She understands that appointing agents under financial and medical powers of attorney are very personal decisions, so a cookie-cutter approach won’t do. She thoughtfully crafts these documents and uses wills, trusts, and powers of attorney that address her client’s specific wishes and individual needs, giving them peace of mind by providing for their loved ones in the way of their own choosing.
Hanna also assists families with the process of obtaining a guardian or conservator for their loved one. Sometimes it is necessary to have the Court intervene when a person does not have an agent appointed under a medical power of attorney or general durable power of attorney. This court process can be daunting, but Hanna strives to make it as straightforward as possible. Additionally, she serves as a Guardian ad Litem for incapacitated adults in Fauquier, Rappahannock, Prince William, and Fairfax counties.
Hanna is known for her compassion and attention to detail. She is also gaining a reputation in the legal community as someone Spanish speakers can rely on for sound legal advice.
When she is not at work, Hanna enjoys spending time with her family and playing music. She is a gifted musician who plays the violin in the Piedmont Symphony Orchestra and the piano at her church.
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Pensacola Christian College, Bachelor of Arts in Pre-law, 1999
Professional, Civic & Philanthropic Affiliations
- Vice President of the Mental Health Association of Fauquier County, 2018
- PATH, Grants Committee Member, 2017-Present
- Member of the BB&T Piedmont Advisory Board, 2016-Present
- Players Committee Representative, Piedmont Symphony Orchestra, 2008-2014
- President of the Fauquier County Bar Association, 2009
- Secretary of the Fauquier Free Clinic, 2006
- Virginia State Bar Trust & Estates Section
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- Virginia Academy of Elder Law Attorneys