Northern Virginia Civil, Commercial, and White Collar Litigation Attorneys
Loudoun & Fauquier County Civil and Commercial Litigation Attorneys
Walker Jones, PC, represents individuals, families, and businesses throughout Northern Virginia and the Washington D.C area whether in the state and federal courts or through mediation and arbitration. Equally comfortable representing plaintiffs who are seeking compensation as well as protecting the rights of defendants, we have a well-earned reputation for designing effective legal strategies for civil and commercial litigation that result in successful outcomes. Fully prepared to litigate any matter through trial and appeal, we are also skilled at negotiation and the crafting of successful settlements.
The Litigation Process
We are experienced in all phases of litigation, from investigating the background of the case, to drafting the initial pleadings, to discovery, to depositions, and through trial and appeal. It is worth noting that most civil, commercial, and white collar litigation cases are settled by agreement between the parties, outside of the courtroom. Moreover, the time it takes to resolve an issue depends on the value and complexity of the case. When settlement or plea negotiations are unsuccessful, however, a trial is necessary. Our seasoned trial attorneys leverage their knowledge of substantive and procedural law, written and oral advocacy talents, and powerful argument skills to fight for our clients.
Types of Civil, Commercial, and White Collar Litigation
Our legal team handles cases involving all types of disputes, including:
- Business-related litigation
- Real estate disputes
- Disputes involving wills, trusts, and estates
- White collar cases
Cases our lawyers have handled include:
- Obtained dismissal of business from multi-million dollar business conspiracy and business torts case in Circuit Court.
- Defended election official against criminal investigation resulting in special prosecutor bringing no charges.
- Won judgment for national food franchisor against franchisee in business equipment dispute in Circuit Court.
- Won judgment for consulting firm in commercial contract dispute in Circuit Court trial.
- Successfully defended client against fraudulent conveyance of real estate lawsuit in Circuit Court.
- Defeated economic conspiracy claim filed against grocery chain in Circuit Court.
- Obtained acquittal of defendant in Circuit Court in contentious criminal protective order case.
- Represented multi-million dollar estate in litigation against trustee of residuary beneficiary.
- Defended medical practice in federal health care fraud investigation resulting in civil settlement in U.S. District Court.
- Successfully defended former CEO in civil conversion trial in Circuit Court.
- Obtained writ for appeal to Virginia Supreme Court in case analyzing easements in subdivision case.
- Won Circuit Court trial in dispute over cell tower lease and successfully oppose appeal to VA Supreme Court.
- Negotiated successful plea agreement for individual investigated for violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Defended trade association board members against tortious interference with employment contract and defamation claims.
- Defended motivational speaker against copyright infringement and defamation claims.
- Successfully defended national bank against multimillion dollar securities claim resulting in the District Court’s granting of a motion to dismiss, which was upheld by the U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals
Through the years, we have helped our business clients resolve all types of disputes ranging from breach of contract and fraud to economic conspiracy and breach of fiduciary duties. Because a protracted litigation can have an adverse impact on a company’s operations and its bottom line, we strive to position clients for efficient and effective resolution in a timely manner. If an agreement cannot be reached, however, trial is necessary. Whether you are embroiled in a dispute with a competitor, a vendor, a customer, an employee, a business partner, or a state or federal agency, it is crucial to have the first-rate representation we provide.
Commercial and residential real estate disputes are not uncommon and often involve complex legal issues. Our legal team is dedicated to finding solutions for all types of clients, including property owners, buyers and sellers, builders and contractors, realtors and title companies. Walker Jones as has handled cases involving easements, contracts for sale, fraud, construction disputes, mechanic’s liens, and new home warranty controversies.
Even with a well- designed will or trust in place, disputes often arise among beneficiaries or other interested parties. Our lawyers have represented beneficiaries, executors, trustees, administrators, and wrong family members in cases involving will contests, breach of fiduciary duties, and probate order appeals.
White Collar Litigation
Individuals and companies sometimes find themselves being investigated by local, state, and federal agencies for actions that could result in civil or criminal penalties. Our lawyers have defended individuals and businesses accused of intellectual property violations, Medicare fraud, election law irregularities, and misappropriation of corporate and labor union funds. We have also represented businessmen and women who find themselves accused of traffic infractions, misdemeanors, and felonies that can seriously impact their professional lives.
Walker Jones lawyers have handled appeals to the Virginia Court of Appeals, the Virginia Supreme Court, and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. We know that trial courts sometimes make mistakes. The Walker Jones legal team has the experience needed for effective brief writing and oral advocacy before appellate tribunals.
The Walker Jones Advantage
Our civil, commercial, and white collar litigation attorneys represent parties in trials, hearings, arbitrations, and mediations before administrative agencies and in the state, federal and appellate courts. We provide a powerful combination of legal reasoning and negotiating skills that are essential for achieving successful outcomes, whether at trial, appeal, or outside of court. When necessary, we collaborate with a respected network of experts to support a case, such as investigators, accountants, financial analysts, title examiners, and other professionals.
At Walker Jones, PC, we are keenly aware that navigating the legal system can be daunting, and commit ourselves to resolving problems expediently. If you are faced with the prospect of civil, commercial, or white collar litigation, whether as a plaintiff or a defendant, call our office today to set up a consultation or complete our website contact form.