Jonathan P. Lienhard
Jonathan P. Lienhard prides himself on his ability to find practical solutions to complex litigation problems. He knows legal issues don’t exist in a vacuum, so the advice he offers clients takes into account the realities of the business world.
Jonathan has over two decades of experience, so he knows what works and what is a waste of his client’s time and resources. Before joining Walker Jones, he worked as an in-house counsel, a large firm lawyer, a Navy JAG Corps Lieutenant, and a Special Assistant U.S. Attorney. His varied litigation experiences have given him insight into the complex problems facing his clients and he has a talent for developing creative solutions to resolve business and personal disputes in their early stages.
His skill at seeing what legal issues a client may face in the future, makes him adept at laying the foundation for good outcomes down the road. Frequently. his ability to be proactive helps his clients avoid further litigation. Jonathan’s comprehensive knowledge of the law enables him to give needed business advice to his real estate litigation clients as well as to handle business clients who are under investigation. He is well-prepared to handle problems that arise at various life stages as well as at various stages of business inception or growth.
With bench and jury trial experience in both federal and state courts, Jonathan is a master storyteller who can break down any issue into easily digestible portions, This makes his arguments not only more understandable, but more persuasive. He realizes that having his client prepared for trial increases the probability of a favorable settlement or verdict. Jonathan also has the experience to continue fighting for his client at the appellate level if necessary.
When he is not at work, Jonathan enjoys spending time with his wife and three sons in beautiful Fauquier County, Virginia.
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1997
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts in History and Philosophy, 1994
Professional, Civic & Philanthropic Affiliations
- Master Member of American Inns of Court, George Mason Chapter
- Executive Board Member and Judge Advocate, American Legion, Post 72, Warrenton, Virginia since 2011
- President of Fauquier County Bar Association, 2013
- Member of the Virginia State Bar, Better Annual Meeting Committee
- Graduate of Leadership Alexandria Class of 2006
- Graduate of Criminal Trial Advocacy Course, U.S. Department of Justice, Columbia, South Carolina, 2000
- District of Columbia